Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Scotties Fall Twice on Final Day in Montgomery

Scotties Fall Twice on Final Day in Montgomery

MONTGOMERY, Ala.—Agnes Scott Volleyball ended its stay in Alabama with a 1-3 mark at the Huntingdon Invitational after dropping a pair of three-set matches on Saturday. The Scotties dropped matches to N.C. Wesleyan and Auburn-Montgomery, a NCAA Division II opponent out of the Gulf South Conference.

The Scotties (1-7) are off until Thursday when they head to Toccoa Falls in search of evening the season series.

Match 1 N.C. Wesleyan 3 – 0 Agnes Scott

Coming soon…

Match 2: Auburn Montgomery 3 – 0 Agnes Scott (25-14, 25-20, 25-21)

The Scotties saw their toughest matchup of the weekend in the tournament finale as the 6-2 Warhawks looked to make it a perfect 4-0 weekend at Huntingdon.

The Warhawks held a comfortable lead for much of the first set and the Scotties never really threatened to make a stand toward a comeback.

However, the second set told a much different story. The Scotties rose to the level of their opponent and hit another gear on offense to grab their first lead of the match at the midway point. Agnes found a groove up until near the end of the set and held a comfortable lead at 19-13 with the equalizer in their sights.

Auburn Montgomery used Agnes' youth against them by going on a 9-0 run to completely change the tone of the match. The Scotties struggles of finishing off late leads came at a tough time in the match with a good opponent on the ropes. The Warhawks only allowed the Scotties one more point the rest of the match to go up 2-0.

The Scotties followed a similar trend in the third, and eventually final, set. Leading 17-10, Agnes Scott gave up a 13-3 stretch in favor of the Warhawks before eventually losing 25-21.

Morgan Pearson (Pensacola, Fla.) and Paige Heck (Indianapolis, Ind.) led the team with eight points each. Heck also shared the defensive stat lead with Tiara White (Sinton, Texas) in digs with 12.

Of Note:

  • Senior Bella Kammerer (Mt. Sterling, Ky.) broke the 1,000 dig plateau on Saturday morning.